[mapserver-users] Symbol prioritising

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Nov 5 13:44:42 EST 2001

The last labels into the label cache are drawn first. So the highest priority is
given to layers at the BOTTOM of the mapfile. Sometimes this means you have
to use annotation layers to separate labeling and feature rendering to get things
to look right.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Tim Sutton <sutton_t at giug.net> 11/05/01 12:23PM >>>
Hi

I managed to get my tiff image to display - thanks for the suggestions
offered. Now I am wondering how I can prioritise labels so that labels
from my cities layer get rendering precedence over labels in my sample
sites layer?

Thanks

Tim