[mapserver-users] Thick Lines???

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Nov 5 13:49:39 EST 2001

Well, prior to some changes I made last week what you're wanting to do is
only possible using 2 layers. One for the fill and one for the thick line (i.e. one
POLYGON and one POLYLINE). Recent changes allow this to happen in
one step now. My email last week showed how (I think) and if not I'll commit
a new test suite entry that does this for polygons and circles tonite.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Hankley, Chip" <Chip.Hankley at gasai.com> 11/05/01 09:45AM >>>
I'm having a devil of a time figuring out how to get a FILLED polygon to
draw with a THICK border. Below's my map file. I'm using PHP, MapScript for
3.5, using a dll from 10/15/2001.

BTW, my apologies ahead of time... I've searched the archives and found
numerous references to *detailed* explanations of 3.5 line symbology on the
list, but have been unable to find any. I may be query challenged ;)

Chip

_________________

SYMBOL
  NAME 'diagonal_hash'