[mapserver-users] unable to start mapserv (FWD)

teb teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu
Thu Nov 15 16:12:32 EST 2001

Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 13:22:19 -0600 (CST)
From: Pushkar Pradhan <pushkar at ERC.MsState.Edu>
Subject: unable to start mapserv
To: mapserver-info at lists.gis.umn.edu
Content-MD5: e9Z86WjLwFYy23BEVvDHuQ==

Hi,
I have successfully compiled mapserv and other executables. I have copied
mapserv to the cgi-bin directory of my apache server (apache_1.3.22). However
when I request mapserv, I get an internal server error.
I am running my server on solaris 8.
I looked up apache's help for running cgi programs. I was able to run other cgi
programs successfully. This is what the log file says:
ld.so.1: mapserv: fatal: libpng.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory
[Thu Nov 15 13:18:11 2001] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of script
headers: /rstc/user1/erc/pushkar/apache_1.3.22/cgi-bin/mapserv

Could anyone please help me out. Thanks,
PUSHKAR S. PRADHAN
Master's Candidate in ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING,
MISSISSIPPI STATE UNIVERSITY,
STARKVILLE, MS 39759.

Engineering Research Center
Box 9627