[mapserver-users] Try Again ... Large scale implementation

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at mediaone.net
Mon Nov 19 12:43:58 EST 2001

Chris,

For your simple version, assuming you have data files that contain all
the polygons for the zip codes, it would not be hard to build a
dedicated app that takes the lat-lon and see what polygon it fars on. A
variant of this would be to take all the Zip Code centroids and find the
one closed to the lat-lon you were given. Either could be done very fast
on modest hardware.

I'll let other here speak on Mapserver which I'm sure is up to the task
you mention.

-Steve