[mapserver-users] Fwd: Mapserver install and demo

Pushkar Pradhan pushkar at ERC.MsState.Edu
Wed Nov 28 18:21:01 EST 2001

Since you are working on windows, you will need to use a \ not / in the
line:
demo_init.html document has the line:
<form method=GET action="/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe">
Probably this should be sufficient.
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Stephen Lime wrote:
    [ Part 2: "Included Message" ]

Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:31:14 -0500
From: ANGELA G HOLDER-PEARMAN <holderag at zeus.co.forsyth.nc.us>
To: mapserver-info at lists.gis.umn.edu
Subject: Mapserver install and demo

Hi,
I've downloaded the Win32 binaries and have installed Mapserver on a Win2K
machine.
I downloaded the demo and went through all the steps from the readme.html
document.
When I open my browser and use this url:
http://localhost/ms_demo/demo_init.html
I get the MapServer Demo Interface page.  When I click on the Initialize
button, I get
the MS File Download Dialog box saying that I have chosen to download a
file from this location: mapserv from localhost.  And asking to 'Open...'
or
'Save....'

I've confirmed that the mapserv.exe is in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin
folder.  The
demo_init.html document has the line:
<form method=GET action="/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe">

The first input line in demo_init.html is:
<input type="hidden" name="map"
value="c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ms_demo\demo.map">

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

> Stephen Lime
> Data & Applications Manager
>
> Minnesota DNR
> 500 Lafayette Road
> St. Paul, MN 55155
> 651-297-2937

PUSHKAR S. PRADHAN
Master's Candidate in ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING,
MISSISSIPPI STATE UNIVERSITY,
STARKVILLE, MS 39759.

Engineering Research Center
Box 9627