[mapserver-users] Disabling postgis in for cvs build

Rodrigo Becke Cabral cabral at yadata.net
Tue Oct 2 11:01:57 EDT 2001

Hi Tim,

Postgis package IS disabled, otherwise it would appear -DUSE_POSTGIS in your
gcc's call. My guess is that either your map.h or mappostgis.c are from
different versions. The error appears to indicate a mismatch between the
function's prototype (msPOSTGISLayerGetShapeRandom) in map.h and its
definition in mappostgis.c. You could compare lines 1163 (mappostgis.c) and
805 (map.h) to confirm whether the function's prototype and definition
differ (I just checked mapserver's nightly.tar.gz, and they match - no
errors). Why don't you try compiling the nightly.tar.gz version?

Rod.