[mapserver-users] intemnquery or single record search

Paul Smith pauls at SCCWRP.ORG
Fri Oct 5 11:42:34 EDT 2001

I am trying to add a search feature to my mapserver page.  In my .dbf
file I have three columns station, longitude, latitude.  I want to be
able to show just one station that the user requests from the search
form, instead of getting the whole layer.  I think what I am looking for
is similiar to the Case #4 itemnquery at:
 http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/mapserver_demos/tests/itemquery/test.html

When I apply this method though I get this:
msQueryUsingItem(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s)
found.

I am using:
MapServer Version 3.4 -GD_1_2 -PROJ.4 -FreeType -TIFF -EPPL7 -JPEG on a
linux box.

My map file:
NAME stations
SHAPEPATH "data"
LAYER
  NAME stations
  DATA stations
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TYPE POLYGON
  QUERY
    TEMPLATE search_query.html
  END
END
END

Where have I gone wrong?  Am I using the wrong tool for what I am try to
do?

Thanks for any help,

Paul Smith
pauls at sccwrp.org