[mapserver-users] Running ./configure bails on me

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Fri Oct 12 12:27:39 EDT 2001

Hi guys,
I've been compiling lots of programs without any problems lately, but once
I tried to run ./configure from the latest download of ms_3.4.tar - it
tells me the following and gives up on me :(
----------------------------
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... no
checking for g++... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
cannot create executables.
------------
I'm not that adept at Linux permissions, but am getting there.  It wouldn't
be related to the permissions/ownership that came with the tarball would
it?

Tyler J. Mitchell
Coordinator - Geographic Information Systems
Lignum Ltd - 180 Hodgson Road
Williams Lake, B.C. Canada
V2G 3P6
Phone: 250-392-3371