[mapserver-users] Running ./configure bails on me

LBallard at YesVirginia.org LBallard at YesVirginia.org
Fri Oct 12 14:53:43 EDT 2001

Personally, I would uninstall the Apache.rpm (or mandrake equivalent) and
install it from the source.

That will give you much better control over things and will allow you to
compile with PHP etc.

I would use Apachetoolbox (http://www.apachetoolbox.com).

Get the Script Only from the downloads section, untarit into the
/usr/local/src directory, and run the install script as root.  You can make
selection from the menu for things you would like to compile into it.  It's
great and a huge time saver.

You might try accepting the defaults the first time.  It will create (after
you do a: make, then make install) /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin directory for
you.  Put your mapserv cgi in there and she'll be happy.

Lowell Ballard
Unix/Database Administrator
Virginia Economic Development Partnership
901 E. Byrd St., Richmond, Va. 23218
http://gis.vedp.org