[mapserver-users] RE: Mapserver v3.5 executable for Windows 2000?

Pericles S. Nacionales pnaciona at gis.umn.edu
Tue Oct 16 21:57:06 EDT 2001

Ted,

WMS-compliant MapServer 3.5 can be downloaded from
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/win32binaries.html.  I need to update this page
as it's getting pretty darn long but I'm sure you'll find it towards the
bottom.  There are three different flavors and you can choose what works for
you.

You'll need some libwww files and the easiest way to get it is to download
Vladimir Kozlov's binary package at
ftp://ftp.idm.ru/libwww/Libwww_V5.3.2.exe.  I actually downloaded his whole
libwww directory instead of compiling from scratch.  Thanks to Vladimir for
making his work accessible to us.

By the way, I really don't have a WMS-compliant application so I can't tell
you how well these binaries work.  In fact, I can't tell you if the WMS bit
works at all.  All I know is I can run my basic MapServer apps on it.  I
guess you get to be the guinea pig. :)

I hope this helps.
-Perry