[mapserver-users] Getting Started With Mapserver

Sanath Jayamanna a5320 at n-koei.co.jp
Thu Oct 18 20:52:47 EDT 2001

Dear Group Members,
I am trying to get started with using mapserver with not much success.
The OS on my machine is Windows NT Workstation 4.0.  I have installed
the NT Option pack 4.0 in my machine. I have downloaded ms35gif_nightly.zip
from the Mapserver Homepage Downloads and extracted it to the Directory
"C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin. I have downloaded the demo and extracted the
files to the directory "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot" but it does not run.
I would like to develop an application using a shapefile. What are the first
steps
I should take?
Thank you very much for your help.
Sanath