[mapserver-users] point layers buggy

Matt Carlson matt at aruke.com
Tue Oct 23 05:04:32 EDT 2001

mapserver 3.3.011 through mapscript(perl)
linux red hat 6.2
proj 4.4.3

first off all thanks for all the help i've been getting from the list.
we've almost got a stable setup of mapserver going.  our biggest problem
right now is with the point layers.  i run into problems whenever i try to
use mapservers Quadtree or projection features.

my solution so far has been to pre project any point layers using alternate
software, and not to use quadtree indexing for any point layers.  but this
isn't very realistic when the data sets start getting bigger.

for some of the point layers the whole thing won't work, all i get is an
internal server error from perl and i'm not able to catch any error output
from the mapserver module.  for other point layers the entire thing will
work.  and for some it work work in a spatial sense.  some places it'll work
how it's supposed to, and other areas it will throw the internal server
error.  i haven't check to see if it's breaking in the same place for
quadtree and projection, but it feels basically the same.

any ideas?  i will spend time debugging it if you think it is an error in
the code and can give me an idea of where to look

thanks,
matt