[mapserver-users] [Fwd: ASP Template]

Brian Fischer bfischer at mpls.houstoneng.com
Tue Oct 23 17:10:58 EDT 2001

Ualfrido Del Carlo Jr,

Answer to question 1.
I am pretty sure the reason why your .asp page is not working is because
mapserv (the CGI program) does not send the results back to the server.
It sends the results straight to the client, so your asp code never gets
processed by the server.  If I am wrong please speak up. This same
question came up a few months ago on the listserv, but I could not seem
to find the original posting and response.  I do not know a way around,
besides using MapScript/PHP.

I have gotten around this by using an intermediate page to send to the
client that contains a link to the ASP page.  Take a look at this web
page I am working on, it uses ASP to interact with the database.  Query
a permit and you will see the intermediate page that contains the link
to the ASP page. http://www.houstoneng.com/projects/sandhill/

This is one of the reasons I am trying to get away from using ASP and
trying to learn MapScript/PHP.

Hope this helps,
Brian