[mapserver-users] CYGWIN and MapServer question

Pericles S. Nacionales pnaciona at gis.umn.edu
Wed Oct 24 20:06:08 EDT 2001

Is anybody out there using GNU-compiled(Cygwin, specifically) MapServer CGI
on Win32 platform?

After compiling MapServer using Cygwin, I tested using Apache web server and
got the generic message "internal server error...".  The Apache error log
shows this message: "Premature end of script headers: c:/program
files/apache group/apache/cgi-bin/ms35.exe".  I added the cygwin libraries
to my Win2000 system path and issuing "ms35.exe -v" returns "MapServer
version 3.5 (pre-alpha) OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG
INPUT=SHAPEFILE".  All the utility programs work as well.

So, does anyone know if I need to change or add something in Apache's config
file?  Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Perry Nacionales
pnaciona at gis.umn.edu