[mapserver-users] URL encoding for map file class expressions

Armin Burger armin.burger at territoriumonline.com
Wed Oct 31 10:47:43 EST 2001

Hi all,

I would like to do a query on a layer with a combination of FILTER and
EXPRESSION using the query definition via the URL. If I want to query more
than one expression, how would I encode these expressions in the URL?

For example:
I have the URL part for the LAYER - FILTER tag for the layer 'landcoverq'
  &map_landcoverq_filter=%22313%22
searching for the number 313 in the field defined with FILTERITEM in the
mapfile.

and I would like to have the corresponding URL encoding for the EXPRESSION
tag of the class section
  EXPRESSION ('[LANCOV_CD]'='215/1' or '[LANCOV_CD]'='215/2' or
'[LANCOV_CD]'='220' )

Adding all the expressions one by one in the URL with
  &map_landcoverq_class_expression=%22215/1%22...
selects always only the last one.

I think it should be possible but don't how to achieve it. Thanks for any
help.

Has anyone experiences how queries like that are facilitated using the
functionality of PostGIS?

Armin

--
Armin Burger