[mapserver-users] Workaround for image caching problems in php_mapscript

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Oct 31 10:49:51 EST 2001

Tim,

I found that the non-unique images problem seems to happen only when we
load MapScript via a "extension=php_mapscript.so" line in php.ini ... if
php_mapscript.so is not preloaded then the problem doesn't seem to
happen.

So another workaround for now is to not preload php_mapscript.so in
php.ini and use dl("php_mapscript.so") in the script instead.  The same
may apply to the runaway process problem but I haven't been able to
reproduce this one yet.

Daniel

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca