[mapserver-users] mapserver symbol error

Pierrick Brihaye pierrick.brihaye at culture.gouv.fr
Mon Sep 3 05:24:02 EDT 2001

Hi,

Taken from :
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wilma_hiliter/mapserver-users/0105/msg00030.html

 > Version 3.4 - February 2001
 > ---------------------------
 >
 > - SHADESET, LINESET, MARKERSET -> SYMBOLSET
 >   All symbols files should be combined by cat'ing them together.
 >
 > - STYLED removed in symbol definitions
 >   Brute force solution: flush all symbols with a STYLED from your .sym
 > files.

If you want to use ms_demo with MapServer 3.5, read this important line :

 > So, to fix, move your TEMPLATE line into the CLASS object and remove
the QUERY object.

taken from :
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/majordom_lists/archives/mapserver-users/html/0108/msg00348.html

This helped me *very* much to make the demo work with MapServer 3.5 ;-)

p.b.

setoadi, R wrote:

I am new in mapserver. I am not successfully installing the ms_demo for
mapserver 3.4
The error message is
"getSymbol(): Symbol definition error. (STYLED):(6) "
I think, the error caused my symbol.sym.

.