[mapserver-users] Mapserver Dev

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Sep 7 12:22:25 EDT 2001

We've had scheduled releases set for mid-July and Sept 1st but I always seem
to have an excuse not to go public. 3.5 is really very stable and we're in the
position of fine tuning things and tracking down a few last minute bugs. I hope
to release it in the next 2 weeks. Since there is a nightly and CVS access we
haven't really been holding any development back so I haven't worried too
much about the *official* start of 3.5.

If I was in the position to upgrade I'd skip 3.4 and go straight to 3.5 as it sits
now. We will always be adding stuff via point releases later.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Shawn L Johnston <sjohnston at satshot.com> 09/07/01 05:50AM >>>
Sorry, know this questions pops up every now and then...

What is the status on mapserver development? It sounds like a lot of work
is in progress on 3.5, will this become a "stable" release?

We've played a little with 3.4 and 3.5 and like a lot of the new features
but most of our mapserver sites are running on 3.2.20. We'd like to start
using 3.5, but it seems to be a bit of a moving target ;)

Cheers,

Shawn