[mapserver-users] ScaleHint (again)

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Sep 7 19:19:28 EDT 2001

How does the WMS ScaleHint behave in the presence of projections? I have
a WMS service where the data is all in a planar projection. Browsing in
the planar projection using good old mapserver interfaces, everything is
hunky dory. Browsing in lat/lon, things go off the rails. I can request
potentially debilitating quantities of data from the server, and it'll
try and render *all* of it. I am quite ignorant of the voodoo behind
min/max scale and how thing kind of thing would behave with respect to
reprojection, particularly into something completely off the wall like
lat/lon.

Paul

--
      __