[mapserver-users] Changing map file parameters via URL

Mark Giesbrecht mgiesbrecht at geoarctic.com
Thu Sep 13 16:01:30 EDT 2001

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble changing the following map file parameters
via URL:

WEB
  HEADER queries/page_header.htm
  FOOTER queries/page_footer.htm
  IMAGEPATH "F:\InetPub\wwwroot\tmp\"
  IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
END

LAYER
 NAME "08c-"
 TYPE LINE
 STATUS ON
 TOLERANCE 10
 DATA '08c_coh69-magnoliapark_spans_ne'
 CLASS
  name '08c-'
  COLOR 255 0 225
  SIZE 2
  SYMBOL 'line'
 END #CLASS
 HEADER 'queries/transmission_header.htm'
 QUERY
  TEMPLATE 'queries/transmission.htm'
 END #QUERY
END #LAYER

I would like to change the content of the HEADER and TEMPLATE variables
in the map file, and am doing so with the following request:

...&map_WEB_HEADER=queries/towers_page_header.htm&map_WEB_FOOTER=queries/towers_page_footer.htm

&map_08c-_HEADER=queries/towers_transmission_header.htm&map_08c-_QUERY_TEMPLATE=queries/towers_transmission.htm

The WEB_HEADER/FOOTER change correctly, however, I seem to be missing
something on the layer HEADER and QUERY_TEMPLATE.

Anything obvious I'm missing?

Thanks,

Mark
--