[mapserver-users] Mapserv 3.5 opaque tag

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Sep 18 10:02:21 EDT 2001

Trem Stamp wrote:

> Just wondering if when a wms capabilities request is made using mapserv
> 3.5, the map file has the ability to define the opaque tag for a layer,
> and if so, how this is defined in the map file.

It was not supported until now, but I added it this morning (it's in
CVS).  There is a new "wms_opaque" layer metadata that is used to
control the opaque layer attribute in the capabilites.  This applies to
version 1.1.0 only and if "wms_opaque" is not defined then we assume
"opaque=0" as stated in the spec.

Now, about the other question that you had sent outside the list:

> Trem Stamp wrote:
> >
> > I understand the builds for windows NT is done every week from CVS
> > automatically.  I noticed that the last build was done on 31st August
> > and was hoping that this would have included the wms functionality.
> >
> > It seemed that it only had the following.
> >
> > MapServer version 3.5 (pre-alpha) OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
> > OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPOR
> > TS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=SHAPEFILE
> >
> > Do you know when a build will be done which includes WMS and bug fixes
> > for tiled reprojection using raster images (which were fixed by you over
> > the last couple of weeks)?

I don't know about the builds at UMN, but there is one that's about 2
weeks old on our site and it includes WMS server support:
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/php4.0.6_php_mapscript_35.zip
(I guess the filename does not suggest it, but it includes both the PHP
DLL and mapserv.exe)

We'll try to put a new one on our site later this week with the latest
fixes in it, and compiled with the latest PROJ and GDAL libs.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca