[mapserver-users] Shape File Requirements

Jim Burnett jimburnett at ntelos.net
Thu Sep 20 11:04:50 EDT 2001

What are the:
*Minimum requirements in the map file   and ...
*Minimum requirements in the esri shape file
to display a map?

I am having problems with two specific shape files called contouers and the other is called southriver. They open up in Arc Explorer wit hno problems, but they wont worked with mapservre. I so currently have other shape files from the same source that work fine, such as parcel layers, roads and city limits. I've tried setting them up as lines, polylines, and all those, but still nothing.

Thanks!
-Jim-