[mapserver-users] 3.5 mapscript problem

imap at chesapeake.net imap at chesapeake.net
Sat Sep 22 03:16:49 EDT 2001

Steve,

With regard to mapscript querys in 3.5
In one of your emails earlier in the year, you said that you need:

No. A layer is queryable if it is:

  - ON, either explicitly via a form or has STATUS DEFAULT or QUERYONLY

and

  - has a QUERY object with a TEMPLATE defined.

Seems like in my first mapfile definition:

> LAYER
>   NAME ctyindex
>   TYPE QUERY
>   STATUS ON
>   DATA "ctyindex"
>   TEMPLATE dummy
> END

is missing the
    QUERY
       TEMPLATE dummy
    END

and 3.5 errors out when this is included in the layer.
When it is removed, the query does not work and yeilds
"No matching record(s) found."   Likewise, in 3.3, removing
those same lines produces the same error, so I suspect
the layer has no QUERY object.  Anyway I got my 3.3 and
3.5 mapscript co-existing, and the 3.3 query scripts seems
to be working OK.

I also tried changing the mapfile as you suggest with
TYPE LINE, but that didn't have any effect.

If I set STATUS QUERYONLY in the mapfile, 3.5 gives me
getSymbol(): Symbol definition error. (QUERYONLY):(11)

Looking at the docs, specifically the 3.5 Mapfile reference,
the Query Object section is gone.   I am just trying to
figure out what is going on with QUERY.

Regards,

Chris Stuber (mapsurfer)
Silicon Mapping Solutions, Inc