[mapserver-users] not unique image filenames problem

Matt Carlson matt at aruke.com
Mon Apr 1 05:00:30 EST 2002

i set the mime type to img/(image type) and wrote the image right on to the
response

print "Content-type: image/$ctext\r\n\r\n";
open(FILE,$mapfile);
binmode(FILE);
@buffer = <FILE>;

foreach (@buffer){
  print $_;
}

close(FILE);

system("rm -f $mapfile");

i call this perl script right from the img src attribute.

also for my variable mapfile i used a exclusively locked file counter as
well as an application url token..  in case the filename was being generated
at the same exact second.

we did some serious stress testing and this is what worked best.  hope it
helps!

matt