[mapserver-users] PHP-MapScript, Postgis & fills of polygons /w inner rings

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Apr 1 16:42:24 EST 2002

Holes are supported, as are polygons with multiple outer rings. I'm not
aware of
any issues with shapefiles/SDE/inline features. The other authors would
have to
comment about their supported file formats.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Morten Hulden <morten at ngb.se> 04/01/02 03:18PM >>>

For some reason my mapserver does not honor inner rings of polygons,
but fills everything, islands and all.

Didn't find an explanation in tutorials or FAQs, so I though I should
ask
here.

Is this specific to PHP-Mapscript? Or to Postgis (I use geometry
POLYGON)?
Does it work with CGI-version? Shapefiles? Or is it that GD can't do
it?

M.