[mapserver-users] phpmapscript on feature text

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Apr 1 19:57:39 EST 2002

Aaron,

Yes you can do that. Define the layer in the map file with an empty
FEATURE END block. Then in PHP/Mapscript create a ShapeObj and add a
point with the location where you want the label to go and add the text
string to the ShapeObj. the get the Layer by name, and
$oLayer->addFeature($oshape); and draw the layer. I haven't actually
done this but I think it should work. Let us know the results. So
something like this:

$oPoint = ms_newLineObj();  # shape wants a line object as list of
points
$oPoint->setXY($myX, $myY);

$oShape = ms_newShapeObj(MS_SHAPE_POINT);
$oShape->set("text", "© 2002 Name of Copyright Owner");
$oShape->add($oPoint);

$oLayer = $map->getLayerByName("release");
$oLayer->addFeature($oShape);

$image = $map->draw();
$oLayer->draw($image);

Or something very close to this anyway.