[mapserver-users] perplexing error: msDrawShape(): Only polygon shapes can be...

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Wed Apr 3 14:31:33 EST 2002

MapServer Error in msDrawShape(): Only polygon shapes can be drawn using a
POLYGON layer definition

I get the above error _only_ when I try to zoom around the map. That is, I
am able to draw the map fine while identifying (by clicking) or by directly
zooming to a known feature. I have a map file with 5 layers in it... 4 are
polygons and 1 is lines. As I said, if I search for a feature using an
attribute, or if I click on an existing map and identify and zoom to the
selected feature, it draws just fine.

This is driving me nuts.

Many tia,

pk/