[mapserver-users] Map Viewer for use on laptop

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Wed Apr 3 14:42:54 EST 2002

Erwin, do you need to do the database editing within the same application
as the one that will do the viewing of the map data?  If not, then you
could simply you Excel or Access to do the database editing and use
something like ArcExplorer or OpenEV to look at your shape files.

                    Stephen Woodbridge
                    <woodbri at swoodbridge.com>           To:     E Perik <erwin at perik.nu>
                    Sent by:                            cc:     mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
                    owner-mapserver-users at lists.g       Fax to:
                    is.umn.edu                          Subject:     Re: [mapserver-users] Map Viewer for use on laptop

                    04/03/2002 10:06 AM

I'm sorry, I haven't been following this thread but why not get
ArcExplorer2 which is a free download from the ESRI site?

Granted it is view only app. As soon as you want to edit files the
problem become a little more complex. :)

-Steve