[mapserver-users] multiple shapefiles in single layer

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Apr 3 23:53:10 EST 2002

Joe,

I believe you want to use a tile index. See the utlities for a program
called tile4ms. Say you have a roads layer for every country, then you
can make a tileindex for all the roads file and then create one layer in
the mapfile and reference TILEINDEX instead of DATA. You can create a
separate tileindex for each kind of data set, like rivers, cities,
landuse polygons, etc.

-Steve W.