[mapserver-users] Mapscript exception from java

Harald Wehr hwehr at hs-harz.de
Fri Apr 5 08:18:55 EST 2002

I wanted to try out the implemented thread-functionality. I downloaded a
nightly build today (05.04.2002).

Everything compiled well, even the java-classes were compiled without
any error and the shared library is successfully build!

Calling the mapObj.draw() method in a java-programm crashes my jvm. I
narrowed down the error in the mapscript_wrap.c:

--snip
imageObj *mapObj_draw(mapObj *self){
     imageObj *image=NULL;

     image = (imageObj *)malloc(sizeof(imageObj));
     if(!image) return NULL;

     image->width = gdImageSX(image->bytes);          <-- Exception
     image->height = gdImageSY(image->bytes);
     image->bytes = msDrawMap(self);
     image->imagepath = image->imageurl = NULL;

     return image;
   }
--snip

Can anyone help me out of this? Is it a mistake in the gd-library?

Second question: Swigging the nightly build to java no "errorObject" is
produced. In 3.5 there was this thing.

Thanks in advance

Harald