[mapserver-users] modifiing labels

Joe Bussell joe at otsys.com
Fri Apr 5 19:33:33 EST 2002

Greetings All,
    I would like to paint highways with the number of the interstate
placed inside an interstate shield.  The trouble that I am having is
that the data vendor has named the highways similar to "I 5".  The
"ROUTENUM" field is also populated with the 'I' as well as the actual
route number.  Is there a way that I can express that the label should
include all text after "I "?

    Another question I have relates to scaling.  I am attempting to turn
off different layers depending on the zoom level.  The trouble I am
having is that the MAXSCALE values I am pushing in do not have the
desired effect.  I am finding the thresholds are on the order of 1 - 5,
clearly not in the range of scales I am used to seeing printed on a map.
So the question is what is MAXSCALE and MINSCALE relative to?

Thanks,

Joe Bussell
On Time Systems