[mapserver-users] MrSid

John Hagstrand johnhagstrand at interageresearch.com
Sun Apr 7 12:04:55 EDT 2002

Thanks for your suggestion, Ben.  However, correct if I'm wrong, the
GeoTIFF format is not multi-res like MrSid.
John

At 07:48 PM 4/6/2002, you wrote:
>On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 01:26:14PM -0600, John Hagstrand wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have a MrSid file I want to display as a layer in MapServer.  Does
> anyone
> > have an interface to do that?
>
>I'm new to Mapserver and don't know whether there is a Mapserver
>interface or not--it would be very cool if there is.  In the mean
>time...
>
>The MrSid Viewer is available for free download from the LizardTech
>website (http://www.lizardtech.com).  The Windows version has the
>ability to export the whole MrSID file or a portion of it as GeoTIFF
>or, I think, TIFF with world files.  If you use Linux (as I do) I
>suggest downloading the Windows version and running it under Wine.  At
>least that worked well for me.  The Unix version of the MrSID viewer
>doesn't have as many features and you can only save the currently
>viewed region. :-(
>
>BTW, there seem to be several different flavors of the viewer for the
>Windows platform.  The one you want is the Standalone Viewer and the
>download is 6+ Mb.
>
>Hope this helps,
>Ben
>
>--
>Ben Logan: ben at wblogan dot net
>OpenPGP Key KeyID: A1ADD1F0

John Hagstrand
Interage Research, Inc.
847 838 5371
Software Development Consulting for Internet Archive Retrieval
We help archives make knowledge accessible, useful, and relevant for everyone.
http://www.interageresearch.com