[mapserver-users] PNG raster tiles on mapserver 3.5

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Mon Apr 8 14:16:10 EDT 2002

Hi Folks,
      I successfully implimented a raster tile of geotiff files (24k USGS
drgs) on an internal web server , and then tried to impliment the same data
layer as a png tile ( less hard drrive space available on the planned
external server) with both .wld and .pgw files (copied from the tfw files
that came with the drgs).  The png tile does not display at all.

The only difference in the png layer is that I had edited the location item
in the dbf file of the shape file generated by gdaltindex (Great tool!) for
the tiff image tile so that it now points to "image.png" instead of
"image.tif" .  Does this need to point to "image.wld"?   I am using
mapserver 3.5 on a Red Hat 7.2 box with GDAL 1.1.6, Proj-4.4.5.  I have
tried compiling --without-png  , no difference.

Doug Newcomb
USFWS