[mapserver-users] SUMM: CGI Map changes and question

Lowell.Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Tue Apr 9 08:40:57 EDT 2002

What if your master shapefile(s) where created as a tile index that
pointed to the individual farm shapefiles. If you included an item in the
tile index for the farm number, you could set the index as a normal
polygon layer and query against that item to quickly set the extents for a
particular farm and then also have a layer that uses the index as a true
tile index which would then point to the shapefiles of the individual
farms. When doing a spatial query the tile index will limit the query to
only the individual farm (roughly depending on shape) and an attribute
query could be forced to query only the shapefile for a particular farm
by setting the data for the layer to the individual shapefile that holds
data for that farm. That should be less messy and still increase the
speed.
Lowell F.