[mapserver-users] User group meeting, a show of hands please!

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Apr 10 00:55:21 EDT 2002

Hi Steve,

Of course we (DM Solutions) would be glad to see such a meeting happen.
So please count us in!

BTW, we're planning to be at the GIS conference that will be taking
place in Ottawa in the second week of July... and we were thinking about
setting up some kind of MapServer get-together event around the
conference.  So MapServer users who are planning to attend this
conference should keep this potential event in mind.

Also, talking of conferences, this week the GeoTec 2002 is taking place
in Toronto (Canada).  This afternoon, Paul Ramsey, Frank Warmerdam and
Dave McIlhagga gave a very interesting set of presentations on Open
Source technologies, with a bit of focus on MapServer and PostGIS (of
course!).  And tomorrow (Wednesday) Dave is giving another presentation
on Open Standards with a focus on implementations using MapServer... I
guess it's a bit late to announce this, but if you happen to be in the
conference (and read your mail in time) then please stop by to say Hi
(13:30, room 206b)...

Daniel