[mapserver-users] Projection question - Australia

Lyndon Zimmermann lyndon.zimmermann at adelaide.edu.au
Wed Apr 10 20:21:14 EDT 2002

Marie,

I would say that the AMG Zone 55 you refer to is equivalent to UTM Zone
55, so the various desktop packages should provide that translation.
ArcView and ArcTOOLBOX do.  There are other point by point conversion
tools around.  Note the new GDA94 is close enough to WGS84 with a
vertical translation.

Lyndon Z

--
Lyndon Zimmermann
BE (Mech Adelaide) Grad Dip Bus Admin (UniSA)

LOW RAINFALL AGROFORESTRY RESEARCH UNIT
PhD Researcher
CRC for Plant-Based Management of Dryland Salinity

University of Adelaide Department of Agronomy and Farming Systems
Physical address: Hannaford Building (via Gate 3) Waite Campus, South
Australia
Postal: Adelaide University, PMB1 Glen Osmond, SA 5064, Australia
Dir (Soil and Water) +61-8-8303 6571 Mob 0414 91 4577
Fax +61-8-8303 6717 email lyndon.zimmermann at adelaide.edu.au

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this message and attachments may
be forwarded or quoted, with due acknowledgement.  No representation is
made that this email is free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended
and is the responsibility of the recipient.