[mapserver-users] title as reserved word in mapfile

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Apr 11 15:54:48 EDT 2002

Will check on build issue. But regarding 'title' as a keyword. This is
on purpose. One of the problems that needs to be addressed is the unique
naming of classes. Since 'name' is used elsewhere in mapfiles for that
purpose it should probably be used in classes as well. That means we
need another attribute to handle a prettier class name for legending,
hence the keyword title. Naming classes allows us to add capability for
turning classes on/off, retrieving them by name in mapscript and bunch
of other things. At this point the title keyword has been reserved but
not implemented. Please update map files (just quote the word title)
accordingly.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Markus Spring <m.spring at gmx.de> 04/11/02 02:35PM >>>
Hi list,

playing with the nightly build //by the way: todays doesn't compile :-(

I found out that "title" seems to be a reserved word in the upcoming
version.

Is this by purpose or by accident? With 3.5 I use title inside meta
sections without problems, but if it's going to stay reservered I have
to change my maps in time.

Any explanation will be appreciated

Markus