[mapserver-users] Transparent layers

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Fri Apr 12 14:25:39 EDT 2002

I wonder if others could comment on the use a fill symbol that could have a
"transparent" component to it - i.e. a semi-solid shading rather than a
completely transparent fill like offset does?

                      Vinko Vrsalovic <v at w.cl>
                      Sent by:                            To:       "'mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu'"
                      owner-mapserver-users at lists.         <mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>
                      gis.umn.edu                         cc:
                                                          Subject:  [mapserver-users] Transparent layers

                      04/12/2002 08:19 AM

Hi folks,

        I need to apply a polygon layer over a raster and/or DEM layer,
             the problem is the filled polygons cover the image, so it
turns
        to be useless. I guess i can use the 'pseudopolyline' feature
        (that is, ommiting the color sentence in the map file), but what
        i'd really like is to draw the polygons with transparence. Is it
        possible with the actual mapserver code?

thanks a lot,
--
Vinko Vrsalovic <vinko[@]cprsig.cl>
http://www.cprsig.cl