[mapserver-users] ms_error question

Giorgio Volpe giorgio at nauta.it
Sat Apr 13 05:01:37 EDT 2002

Some time passed ...
I've studied the matter a bit!

The error is generated when msSHPWhichShapes tries to look for an index
(.qix file) to retrieve shapes for layers ... I've no qix file so it is
right ... but it should be a "warning", On the contrary, when I call

	$img=$map->draw()

then I found $mapscript::ms_error->{code} = 1 (Unable to access file)
so i cannot use it to understand if draw() was ok.

I didn't found written anywhere that we have to look ms_error after
calling draw method ... is it correct?
I tried to assume that all is ok if $img is defined but in some cases
that was wrong because also if $img was defined than system crashed when
i tried to save the img.

Lowell Filak wrote:

> Strange I expected that call ($mapscript::ms_error->{message}) to produce something like MS_IOERR or MS_NOTFOUND...
> Is there any chance that the (new mapObj()) call has a typo for the mapfile path?
> Lowell F.
>
> The following message was sent by Giorgio Volpe <giorgio at nauta.it> on Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:26:39 +0100.
>
> > Lowell Filak wrote:
> > >
> > > Could you provide additional information?
> > > You say that the error shows up in the error log after the execution of "draw" and that the error code is 1 (MS_FAILURE).
> > > What does $mapscript::ms_error->{message} say after the draw?
> > > Lowell F.
> > >

> > The message says:
> >       msSearchDiskTree(): Unable to access file
> >

> > --
> >
> >     Giorgio

    Giorgio