[mapserver-users] speed performance question

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Sat Apr 13 08:20:42 EDT 2002

Joe -

I think the problem is in definig "heavy load tests".  I don't see any of the commercial Internet map server providers publishing detailed hardware requirements (although I may have missed something) because it's a very complicated question.  That's probably why there's a lack of replies.

Do you have a specific set of requirements in mind?  If so, let us know and we'll help.  Creating a document describing all possible hardware requirements for all possible sets of performance criteria is a massive task, and isn't likely to happen any time soon.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com