[mapserver-users] paning around a queryed location

laurentiu lionte llionte at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 17 01:43:18 EDT 2002

 Steve Lime <steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us> wrote:

If you're just retrieving the map there's no way to get at the extent coordinates too. I've tinkered with encoding them in image headers, but that doesn't help all that much. Other work arounds would depend on what you're actually trying to do in your application.

Steve

Oh, seems to be a very bad issue!!!
I need to locate a point using itemquerymap (does anybody know another method?).
Then I need to pan around this location. This is a basic functionality for any GIS-like application.
According to this, I need to obtain the selected point coordinates (at least), or,
 for more than one selected point ,the extent or extent center of all selected features.
If anybody knows how to obtain the coordinates of a selected feature or other information
how to obtain this, please let me know.

Thank you,

Lawrence