[mapserver-users] Finding pixel location from decimal degrees

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Apr 17 10:29:53 EDT 2002

You should be able to find it by simple ratios. Your map EXTENTS are
minx miny maxx maxy so your width = maxx - minx; height = maxy -miny;
your image is SIZE ix iy so:

px = (long - minx) / width  * ix
py = (lat  - miny) / height * iy

Should do it. You might need to deal with the fact that LAT increase
moving up the map and pixel address  increases moving down the map.

-Steve