[mapserver-users] Help with Java MapScript Compile for Window s

Greg Mader gmader at GeoAnalytics.com
Wed Apr 17 11:17:52 EDT 2002

Hi Dan,

I need to back up a bit, and ask what the current status of Java MapScript
is?  I know that Steve has been working on it, and I would like to use it
for a class project with some classmates.  The instructor is using JSP,
beans, and lots of other java stuff, not PHP :(

Here is the deal that I will offer:  There is a team of five of us that need
to get a simple project done for class.  We would use Java Mapscript to do
this, and document the heck out of it, and contribute this doc back to the
project.  What we need now is some guidance on the status of Java Mapscript,
the limitations, etc, as well as any general guidance for how to proceed.

Thoughts?

Greg Mader
GIS consultant, and semi-miserable Comp Sci masters student.