[mapserver-users] Problem with TestSuite itemquery/

Untung Rasidin urasidin at email.com
Thu Apr 18 03:28:51 EDT 2002

Hi, All

I have tried TestSuite from http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/mapserver_demos/tests
using mapserv_3.3,mapserv_3.4,and mapserv_3.5, but all failed. Here are the error messages:

-using mapserv_3.3/mapserv_3.4:
Error message:
msQueryUsingItem(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s) found

here is my input form:

<form method=GET action="/cgi-bin/mapserv">
MAPSERVER VERSION 3.3<BR>
<input type="hidden" name="map" value="/var/www/html/ms_demo/baleendah/world3_3.map">
<input type="hidden" name="mode" value="itemquery">
<input type="hidden" name="item" "value="ABBREVNAME">
PICK A COUNTRY:<BR>
<SELECT name="value">
<option>Vietnam</option>
<option>Indonesia</option>
<option>Cina</option>
<option>USA</option>
</SELECT>
<input type="submit" value="GO!">
</form>

ABBREVNAME IS the attrribute in world94.shp (world94.shp from Esri tutorial/Arcview) shape file.

-using mapserv_3.5:
Error massage:
loadLayer(): Unknown identifier. (QUERY):(58)

I have modified the map file for mapserv_3.5, without attribute QUERY, and the result is:
msQueryByAttributes(): General error message. No query layer defined.

I try to add this input to the form:
<input type="hidden" name="qlayer" "value="world94">
the result is:
msQueryByAttributes(): Query error. Requested layer has no filter defined.

Myquestion is:
- what version of mapserver should be used for that Test Suite, or what wrong with these?
- how to use attribute FILTER in map file? I have tried alot of trial and error, but never success.
Would you give me a similar example (just a simple test for itemquery ) for mapserver version 3.5, please.

I never success to connect this link:http://arachnid.dnr.state.mn.us/ms_test/index.html (reaction from Stephen Lime)

Thanks in advance

Untung Rasidin