[mapserver-users] Limiting WMS GetFeatureInfo response

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Apr 19 14:16:50 EDT 2002

Not at the moment. I don't recall seeing that level of control in the WMS spec or I imagine it would already have been added. The DUMP parameter is there simply to prevent wholesale download of the raw data (i.e. coordinate data). It has no effect otherwise.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Havard Tveite <havard.tveite at ikf.nlh.no> 04/19/02 09:45AM >>>
Is there a way to specify which attributes should be returned
on a WMS GetFeatureInfo request?
I am currently using the 3.5 Mapserver release.

The support that I have found is:
DUMP=false stops attributes from being shown when the request
is for GML but not when the request is for something else
(plain text return).

Perhaps a mapserver "wms-tag" would do, something like:
 "ms-wms-public_attributes" "Name, Hair Color, Job"

--
Håvard Tveite                      Phone:  +47 64948857
Department of Mapping Sciences     Fax:    +47 64948856