[mapserver-users] dynamic labeling

Alexander Shostko shostko at ureach.com
Tue Apr 23 14:11:31 EDT 2002

Dear Mapserver Users!

1. Thanks in advance for help and suggestions. I need to
dynamically turn labels on/off the map when
certain events happen (attributes are changed in dbf file).
I set the colors dynamically already (I introduced an extra
field in dbf file
and use expression statement to change the color )

Can I use the same EXPRESSION statements to turn the labels
on/off based on certain dbf fields values?

Do the labels scale in size when the map is scaled ? Do I need
php/mapscript or I can use straight CGI module ?

 Any pointers to examples are appreciated.

2. Also any chance to prezoom the image when displaying it the
first time (appear too small and
changing the extent parameters does not do much )

Thanks again
Alexander Shostko
shostko at ureach.com