[mapserver-users] ECW

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Mon Apr 29 08:50:33 EDT 2002

I don't think that the binary with the GDAL option includes ECW support. I
have a binary at www.greenwoodmap.com/mapserver that you are welcome to
use. The zip file also includes some ER Mapper dll's that should be placed
in your \winnt\system32 directory.

Rich

At 11:08 PM 4/28/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>How do I use an ECW file?  Here is what I'm doing:
>
>LAYER
>   NAME aerial
>   TYPE RASTER
>   STATUS OFF
>   DATA aerial00.ecw
>END # aerial
>
>I get an error message:
>msDrawRaster(): Image handling error. Unrecognized or unsupported image format
>
>I am using the binary built with the gdal option.
>
>Thanks,
>John

>John Hagstrand
>Interage Research, Inc.
>847 838 5371
>Software Development Consulting for Internet Archive Retrieval
>We help archives make knowledge accessible, useful, and relevant for everyone.
>http://www.interageresearch.com

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.
Rich at GreenwoodMap.com