help me

gerald villacarlos gerald_v at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 30 04:35:18 EDT 2002

hello there im gerald, i dont know who's gonna read
this mail but anyway hope u can help me with my
problem

im in a local GIS company here in the philippines, i
have a project about web based gis and mapserver
answer that problem of me in uploading ESRI's .shp
files to the Internet,

in using arcview, we can connect a separate .dbf file
to the shapefile using join command, is there any
possiblity that this would also work in Mapserver.
i am plannig to use PostGres SQL as my database holder

how would i possibly do that?

if is sounds complicated then u can first help me with
connecting it to a simple .DBF file using ODBC if
possible.

i am using
  -Windows 98 - OS
  -APache webserver with PHP support
  -Mapserver 4.5 for my GIS files,

my webserver is not yet available on the internet, its
still in our intranet for testing then after any
approval from our boss, then we can upload it in the
internet.

i really need ur help, thank you and GOd Bless..

=====
Gerald G. Villacarlos
System Administrator/DB Programmer
GEOPLAN Cebu Foundation, Inc.
c/o DOST-7 M.Cuenco Ave,Cebu City,Philippines,6000
Tel No.(032)231-6209
Cel 09176475540
http://www.geocities.com/gerald_v