[mapserver-users] Changing layer parameters from url in Mapscript

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Aug 5 14:55:21 EDT 2002

No, but that's a good thing (in my opinion). Since you have full access
to the map server internal structures you're not bound
by the "map_layername_parameter=value" syntax. You can do whatever
you'd like. Note that I can add a method easily to
process variable/value pairs if there's enough interest. MapScript
scripts tend to be specific enough that it's not worth it though.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Eduin Yesid Carrillo" <yecarrillo at hotmail.com> 08/03/02 12:23PM

Hi all folks. I'm here again....

This time I have this question: mapserver.exe supports changing
parameters
from url
Sample:
map_layer_1_filterItem=CODDIVI&map_layer_1_filter=0

Do mapscript works similary?

Thank you

Eduin Yesid Carrillo
Ingeniero Civil