[mapserver-users] QUERYFILE and SAVEQUERY

Ryan, Adam ARyan at co.linn.or.us
Tue Aug 6 20:00:30 EDT 2002

I've been experimenting with SaveQuery and QueryFile, and I'm not clear on
what the .qy file is telling mapserver.

Does the .qy file specify the qlayer?  More specifically, if I originally
queried with qlayer = "Taxlots1", could I then set my qlayer = "Taxlots2"
and apply the queryfile to Taxlots2 (assuming that the data source was the
same)?

What I really want to do is set the data source (I've got that done) and the
visible features (the results of my query) of my queried layer to a generic
'select' layer, and then browse around without calling the query template.

Am I making any sense?

Thanks for any ideas on this,

Adam Ryan
Linn County